Keeping shoppers safe and comfortable in retail buildings or shopping centres
Retail buildings and shopping centres that provide a pleasant space to shop in tend to benefit from higher sales. These buildings usually are light and airy place, with plenty of ventilation and natural daylight. Protection from the effects of fire needs to take into consideration the high concentration of public during opening hours, which would need to be evacuated efficiently. Colt’s integrated approach can address all these requirements.
Colt natural ventilation, HVAC and shading systems are good for retail buildings
We can help you create a comfortable and healthy shopping environment.
We can supply natural ventilators with automatic controls, or hybrid systems integrating natural ventilation and mechanical heating and cooling systems. We can support the design process from an early stage, developing CFD simulations to show how the proposed solution will work.
Making the best of natural daylight
To further reduce overheating and improve the quality of light, we can also design and install solar shading that will reduce glare and reduce summer time heat loads.
Protecting retail buildings
Retail buildings also need to be protected from the effects of fire. Colt smoke control ventilation and smoke containment systems can enable:
- a clear means of escape in a fire
- a clear view of the fire to assist fire-fighters
- smoke to be cleared during and after a fire, in order to limit smoke temperatures and structural damage.
- reduced likelihood of damage or loss to buildings and their contents.
Most Colt natural ventilators are dual purpose, providing both natural ventilation and smoke control.
Designing cost efficiency into your retail building
Colt’s integrated approach will ensure that the solution developed for your building delivers most effectively the internal conditions that meet your requirements while minimising initial and running costs through lower energy consumption and maintenance expenses.
The benefits of working with Colt include:
- We offer a pre-order design service
- We offer CFD modelling to optimise the design and to prove compliance with legislation
- We design our schemes to ensure that day-to-day consumption of energy is minimised
- Our equipment is third party tested and approved
- We offer an integrated approach as the partner which is responsible for design, delivery, installation, commissioning and good performance of the entire scheme.
- We have a broad experience and know-how built on a global track record spanning many decades.