Keeping people safe and comfortable in public buildings
Public buildings, such as government buildings and prisons, benefit from good ventilation and controlled natural daylight, and need to be protected from the effects of fire. All this can be achieved with Colt.
Colt natural ventilation, HVAC and shading systems are good for public buildings
We can help you create a comfortable and healthy environment, which in turn enhances productivity.
We can supply natural ventilators with automatic controls, or hybrid systems integrating natural ventilation and mechanical heating and cooling systems. We can support the design process from an early stage, developing CFD simulations to show how the proposed solution will work.
Making the best of natural daylight
To reduce overheating and improve the quality of light, we can design and install solar shading that will reduce glare and reduce summer time heat loads.
Designing cost efficiency into your public building
Our integrated approach will ensure that the solution developed for your building delivers most effectively the internal conditions that meet your requirements while minimising initial and running costs through lower energy consumption and maintenance expenses.
Protecting public buildings from fire
In general, in such buildings the main function of Colt smoke control ventilation and smoke containment systems is to enable a clear means of escape in a fire. Secondary purposes may include providing a clear view of the fire to assist fire-fighters and clearing smoke during and after a fire, in order to limit smoke temperatures and structural damage.
Most Colt natural ventilators are dual purpose, providing both natural ventilation and smoke control.
The benefits of working with Colt include:
- We offer a pre-order design service
- We offer CFD modelling to optimise the design and to prove compliance with legislation
- We design our schemes to ensure that day-to-day consumption of energy is minimised
- Our equipment is third party tested and approved
- We offer an integrated approach as the partner which is responsible for design, delivery, installation, commissioning and good performance of the entire scheme.
- We have a broad experience and know-how built on a global track record spanning many decades.