Keeping people safe in hotels
Most hotels need some form of fire protection measures and, with the current trend for highly insulated, energy efficient buildings, good ventilation of common areas has gained importance, as well as controlled natural daylight. Colt’s integrated approach can address all these requirements.
In general, in such buildings the main function of Colt smoke control ventilation and smoke containment systemsis to enable a clear means of escape in a fire. Secondary purposes may include providing a clear view of the fire to assist fire-fighters and clearing smoke during and after a fire, in order to limit smoke temperatures and structural damage.
Most Colt natural ventilators are dual purpose, providing both natural ventilation and smoke control.
Colt natural ventilation systems are good for hotels
We can help you create a comfortable and healthy environment in common areas of hotels.
We can supply natural ventilators with automatic controls, or hybrid systems integrating natural ventilation and mechanical heating and cooling systems. We can support the design process from an early stage, developing CFD simulations to show how the proposed solution will work.
Making the best of natural daylight
To further reduce overheating and improve the quality of light, we can also design and install solar shading that will reduce glare and reduce summer time heat loads.
Designing cost efficiency into your hotel
Our integrated approach will ensure that the solution developed for your hotel delivers most effectively the internal conditions that meet your requirements while minimising initial and running costs through lower energy consumption and maintenance expenses.
The benefits of working with Colt include:
- We offer a pre-order design service
- We offer CFD modelling to optimise the design and to prove compliance with legislation
- We design our schemes to ensure that day-to-day consumption of energy is minimised
- Our equipment is third party tested and approved
- We offer an integrated approach as the partner which is responsible for design, delivery, installation, commissioning and good performance of the entire scheme.
- We have a broad experience and know-how built on a global track record spanning many decades.